Whole House Surge Protection Services in Tulsa, OK
A damaging power surge can follow your home’s wiring, putting all plugged-in devices at risk. Many of Tulsa’s homeowners assume that the process of surge protection is as simple as plugging something into one of those multi-outlet surge-suppressing power strips. However, the only real way to protect a home is to have surge protection hard-wired into the main panel by an electrician.
If you’re working from home or own expensive electronics, it’s important to protect them, no matter where they are in the home. Our whole house surge protection services in Tulsa, OK, are the most reliable way to safeguard your appliances and devices.
What Are Power Surges and Why Are They Dangerous?
If a sudden voltage spike significantly exceeds 120 volts (the standard in this country), a power surge is said to occur. When power surges happen, the wiring inside an appliance may overheat and burn.
Additionally, many of today’s devices have microchips and circuitry that’s sensitive to voltage fluctuations. Even a minor surge may:
- Put stress on a device
- Compromise performance
- Destroy electronics
Many of Tulsa’s homes are full of expensive and crucial appliances and electronics, such as stereos, phones, computers, microwaves, and televisions. All these devices can benefit from a whole house surge protector.
Why Do Power Surges Happen?
The use of heavy-duty devices is a common reason for power surges. Air conditioners, refrigerators, clothes dryers, and air compressors are just a few of the devices that require a substantial amount of power to turn on and off. Toggling this high-power equipment can create a demand for power that disrupts the system’s constant flow of voltage. Power surges may also be caused by:
- Faulty wiring
- Cut power lines
- Issues with the utility company’s transformers, lines, and other parts
- Lightning strikes
To protect your home and its electronics from these and other perils, consider taking advantage of our house surge protection services in Tulsa, OK.
What Are Surge Protectors?
When most of us think of surge protectors, we typically think of power strips with multiple plugged-in devices. These surge protectors work by passing current from the outlet to the devices using the strip. A voltage spike causes the strip to redirect the additional current into internal MOVs (metal oxide varistors). Unfortunately, these strips offer little protection, and must typically be replaced after just one power surge.
How Whole House Surge Protectors Work
Whole-house surge protection systems work like the strips mentioned above, but they’re built to endure years of power surges. They protect all the devices and appliances that are powered by the panel they’re wired to. Whole house surge protectors are a great way to keep your Tulsa home’s appliances and electronics safe from damaging electrical surges.
The Benefits of Whole House Surge Protection
If your home lacks surge protection, there are a few reasons to make the investment. Here are five major benefits of our whole house surge protection services.
- Advanced technology. Today’s homes have more electronics than ever, and all these devices have circuitry that must be protected. Our surge protection services can protect your electronics and all the data they contain.
- Protection from internal surges. Most surges are transient (short) and originate from within a home’s electronic devices. These surges don’t cause significant damage, but they can, with time, shorten a device’s lifespan.
- Layered protection. Ask our electricians about layered whole-house surge protection for your expensive electronics. These systems are connected to the home’s electrical panels and usage points.
- Complete protection. Though whole-home surge protectors are there to prevent damage to your electronics, they also protect the rest of the electrical system.
- Limiting voltage. While surge protectors limit the voltage supplied to a device during a power surge, they also prevent electronics from getting excess power at other times.
To protect yourself and your devices from sudden power surges, be sure to test your AFCIs and GFCIs once a month—and call us for surge protector installation.
Call Today to Schedule Your Surge Protector Installation
Surge protection is a crucial part of the care and maintenance of a home’s electronic devices, but not all homes have this important addition. If you need to improve your local home’s surge protection, give the team at Mission Electric a call. We install whole-home surge protectors in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner. Whether you’re protecting one device or an entire house full of expensive electronics, you can count on us to provide the fast and reliable services you need. Request more information online or call today to schedule an appointment.
Special Promotion – Huge Savings!
With our special promotion, we’re offering a HUGE discount on surge protection (excluding TV’s and computers). Call us now to take advantage of this discount!